Winter/Spring Internship for Social Media and Business support
Winter 2021 Internship: Social Media and Business Support
Position Type: Unpaid
Description: Edgewater Chamber of Commerce, a 501c6 business attraction and economic development organization in the Edgewater neighborhood is seeking an intern interested in project coordination of communications, marketing and promotions, content development and non-profit management. The Edgewater Chamber of Commerce has recently combined with the Edgewater Development Corp, which will provide additional exposure for the intern. This internship is supervised by the Manager of Marketing and Events.
Requirements: Student should possess strong written skills, and be comfortable communicating via email, phone and in-person. All majors are welcome to apply. No GPA requirement.
We have several ongoing projects on which an intern may work, including:
- Strategizing and implementing ways to boost the community profile of Edgewater Chamber of Commerce and its platforms.
- Maintaining and developing content for website and social media, including small businesses features and weekly newsletter.
- Drafting press releases and social media notices.
- Membership communications and assistance in their social media management.
What we can offer you:
- Convenient location in Edgewater, just off Broadway
- Flexible scheduling
- Exposure to local government officials
- Portfolio quality projects and deliverables
Hours: 10-25 hours/week depending on availability. Hours are extremely flexible. Office is open remotely 9am-5pm Monday-Friday
Contact: Andrew Miller, Manager of Marketing and Events: Andrew@Edgewater.org
About Edgewater Chamber of Commerce
Our mission is to create and support a thriving business environment, contributing to a vibrant Edgewater community.
We are proactive. The Edgewater Chamber is strategic and forward thinking.
We are creative. The Edgewater Chamber is collaborative and innovative.
We are durable. The Edgewater Chamber is grounded, reliable, and committed.
We are trusted. The Edgewater Chamber is credible and respected.