2021 IT Summer Internship – Client Solutions (Chicago, IL)
Looking for an internship next summer? Soon, you’ll be looking for a career that challenges you and allows you to put what you’ve learned into action. U.S. Cellular can serve as an exceptional place for learning, doing impactful work and launching your career. And our internship program provides comprehensive platforms to gain real-life experience, better preparing you for your career in Infrastructure Services.
We are offering an internship within our Telephony & Digital Workplace Services group next summer for our program that will run from June 7th to August 13th in 2021 in Schaumburg, IL. This internship is part of our Client Solutions team. Below are the brief details of this 10-week opportunity next summer.
- The Client Solutions group at U.S. Cellular is seeking a summer intern for their Chicago location. This group is responsible for support of all internal client desktops, laptops, tablets and the backend systems that manage client systems for U.S. Cellular. The intern for this role will assist with the support of end users and client systems throughout the enterprise. This internship will provide opportunities to work with Exchange, Endpoint Encryption and Protection tools, SCCM, Citrix, Software packaging and deployment methodologies and PowerShell scripting and will gain exposure to VMware, Cisco UCS, HP Client Hardware and Apple Mobile hardware & Software.
All qualified candidates who are interested in one or all three of the internship opportunities described above are encouraged to apply.
- Working toward a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field.
- Experience with standard MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills coupled with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to participate and work well in cross-functional teams
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Previous internship(s) in engineering, network support, or relevant training / experience highly preferred.
- Effective verbal and writing communication; excellent analytical skills for problem determination and resolution.
- Experience or understanding of Microsoft Exchange server elements, virtualization, Encryption & Protection tools, software packaging and scripting.
- This internship will be offered only in our Chicago, IL location.
- No housing or living expenses provided with this internship.
THE PRECEDING JOB DESCRIPTION INDICATES THE GENERAL NATURE AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF WORK PERFORMED. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE INVENTORY OF ALL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS JOB.
Job : Information Technology
Location(s) : Illinois-CHICAGO_IL
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.