Stylist Development Intern
Garmentier is a quickly growing Fashion x Technology startup based in Chicago. We have created the first all-in-one online platform for Stylists and Personal Shoppers to start, grow and scale their businesses.
We are looking for an energetic, well-spoken and organized candidate to help our team bring new Stylists to Garmentier. If you love talking to people, building relationships, and are hungry to learn and grow - this is for you!
To get started, please fill out the form found at the following address:
http://www.techstylebygarmentier.com/internship-stylist-development (Note: this will be submitted in combination with your resume!)
About the Internship Role:
At Garmentier, Stylist Development encompasses the processes by which we creatively reach out to, network and communicate with, onboard, and provide support to stylists who are interested in using the Garmentier platform to run their business.
You will be working closely with our Director of Stylist Development and our Marketing Team to reach out to Stylists across the US and beyond to introduce Garmentier and help them explore our platform. You’ll also be working with us on the planning and execution of stylist outreach, create trainings and styling knowledge materials, and working directly to support Stylists through communications, webinars, email content and other avenues. If you want to learn about fashion technology, sales & business development, what it’s like to be a Stylist, and how it feels to run your own business - there is no better path than this internship! This role will start in January 2021 and requires a minimum commitment 2.5-3 full days per week for a four month period (Mid-January to Mid-May, 2021).
- Community outreach, sourcing, and communicating with new potential Stylists that would benefit from the Garmentier platform
- Assisting with the management of incoming Stylist leads, stewarding timely and friendly follow-up and communication
- Learning about, assisting with, and eventually conducting your own virtual Garmentier platform demos with real Stylists!
- Document frequently asked questions and feedback about our platform from prospective and current Garmentier Stylists
- Help Stylists to learn more about our platform once onboarded, including assisting them with our shopping and look book tools, helping them explore our business resources, filling them in about how to best-use our retail partners to shop for their clientele, and more
- Assisting in the preparation and execution of stylist webinars and 1-on-1 training sessions for platform stylists
- Encourage Stylists towards different features and partners on our platform to get the most out of their Garmentier membership
- Support Stylists with customer service inquiries about using our platform
- All other things related to sales, Stylist onboarding, and Stylist training!
At Garmentier You Will:
- Learn the retail technology space as well as our customer (the Stylist) inside and out
- Understand the needs of Stylists from a business, shopping and technology standpoint
- Explore great relationship-building tactics and perfecting your technology “sales pitch”
- Help our team to conceive, develop and roll out new tools and processes for our users
- Help shape and communicate the Garmentier brand identity to the Stylist world
- Self motivated and Pro-active
- Knowledge of LinkedIn and various social media networking platforms
- Knowledge of Google Docs including Slides & Sheets and Powerpoint
- Able to multi-task
- Eager to learn
- Familiar with Styling/Brands/Retail is a plus
- Familiar with Photoshop and Canva a plus
- Positive energy
- Have an eye for design and style
- Must be able to work the full hourly commitments when scheduled
- Must be able to commit to receiving school credit (or, alternatively, enrolling in a 0-credit internship through your academic institution) for the internship
- Must be able to commit to 2.5-3 days per week, (9 AM - 6 PM), for a 4-month period (Mid-January to Mid-May, 2021)