Freelance Technical Project Manager
As Technical Project Manager you will help manage the design and implementation of digital solutions for our clients, delivering creative websites and web-based applications. You'll help drive implementation projects and ensure project management practices are followed and improved as needed.
A successful candidate will be responsible for managing the project through all project phases that include project initiation, design, development, UAT, Go Live and transition to support.
- Help develop & support the Project Scope Management Plan used to define, manage, control, verify and communicate to the project team and clients
- Support the Tech Director in defining requirements and use cases for software features and functionality
- Work with technical teams to resolve blocking issues to deliver on client requirements
- Adeptly juggle customer relationships and project timelines while leading clients through solutions built on the latest web technologies
- Acts as a day-to-day point-of-contact to the client on project-related issues, including project scope, timeline, budget and resourcing, and may assist Account in obtaining and documenting client signoff during the project.
- Manage project risks, scope changes and other non-standard events throughout the life of the project
- Support stakeholder communication and progress reporting
- Ensure quality of deliverables is verified and matches stakeholder expectations
- Coordinate project deliverables based upon internal resource availability.
- Maintain and refine project management processes; work with leadership to drive overall process improvement.
- Keep fluent with emerging technologies and tools that will keep our clients innovative in their marketing approach
- Work with regional offices to coordinate day-to-day execution as per the outlined plan
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of project management experience, ideally within the digital space
- Advanced understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, manage resource allocations and run team meetings.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Content Management Systems
- Understanding or mastery of scope & change management related issues
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Back in 1999, Iris was founded by a team of six people around a single client. Those six founders are still at the very heart of our business. Today, Iris is a thriving micro-network of over 1,000 people in 14 locations across the globe. We deliver a multitude of fully integrated specialisms within creative, consulting and mar-tech to some of the
most progressive clients around the world.
We are part of the Cheil Worldwide network – the world’s 15th biggest creative agency company. Our partnership with Cheil has allowed us to extend our global to a network of 55 offices.
We are ‘For the Forward’. Always exploring. Restless. Never done. Radiators of positive energy that serve to motivate. Empowering and supporting others to find opportunity. We liberate ourselves by removing the barriers that stand in the way of progress. Confident, bold, decisive and at times challenging. We stretch what’s possible. Always asking ‘What will move us Forward?’
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and recruit on talent alone, regardless of age, ethnicity, religion, education, class, sexual orientation or disability. We champion diversity and believe it not only benefits but enhances our creativity, our company and the wider society at large. We are For The Forward.