Social Media + Communications Spring Internship
The Social Media + Communications Intern will be responsible for assisting the team with planning and executing social media and communications strategies. Jo Chicago Communications is a full-service public relations and marketing firm with a strong track record in providing targeted communications and publicity solutions that meet strategic and business goals. Jo Chicago is based in Chicago, and represents design, architecture, and lifestyle-related products and services.
- Execute on social media strategies, including scheduling posts and engaging with our clients’ audiences to establish relationships
- Conduct research on social media and industry trends to keep client strategies up to date
- Craft month social media calendars with engaging copy, imagery and video content
- Create Instagram stories to maintain social media presence and ongoing engaging content
- Assist with social media reporting
- Assist on graphic projects as needed
- Execute on content strategies, including development of blogs, newsletters, and more
- Conduct research on marketing trends to keep client strategies up to date
- Apply an innovative lens while assisting with brainstorming and executing communications initiatives
- Assist in note-taking process during client meetings to track key initiatives and next steps
- Assist in other tasks as requested by staff members
- Proficient with social media tools
- Must show initiative and be a self-starter who’s ready to learn
- Excellent writing skills and creative mindset
- Graphic design skills preferred, but not required
- Deeply understand the functionality and features of social media management systems
- Understand the development and execution of tailored social media and communications strategies
- Build social media reporting skills that go beyond likes and follows
- Expand content development and writing skills
- This internship will be approximately 20 hours a week; we can happily create a schedule to accommodate class schedule, part time work, etc.
- This internship is unpaid.
- In an effort to make this experience as safe as possible, all interns will be working remotely throughout the course of their internship.
To apply, please send your email to email@example.com.