Motorola Mobility Sales Operations Intern - Summer 2021
About the Company
Motorola Mobility (a Lenovo company) is one of the world's fastest growing smartphone providers, creating groundbreaking, affordable, high-quality products designed and built with the global customer in mind. And it's our people who make this all happen. We are thinkers, risk-takers and problem solvers, working together to constantly challenge the status quo. If you share our commitment to ingenuity, creativity and innovation, we want you to help us define our world of tomorrow. Explore the opportunities and apply today!
The North America (NA) Sales Operations & Strategy Team is focused on optimizing short-term sales operations/performance along with creating the strategy for long-term growth within the NA Region. The NA Sales Operations Analyst is responsible for creating/maintaining business cases for key portfolio inputs, supporting critical strategy assessments, developing business plans and targets, and partnering with Sales Account Teams to explore/evaluate opportunities to continuously grow the business. This role is an important function that will help the NA Region improve the quality and speed of business case and strategic assessments along with driving key process improvements. This is a high exposure role that will regularly interface with Sales, Marketing, Product Operations, Supply Chain, Product Development, and Finance. The amount of regular interaction with each of these functional areas could lead to a career move into any one of these groups.
The position will be based in Chicago, IL.
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant field
It Would Be A Plus If You Have:
• Analyze and develop product business cases to help make portfolio decisions and drive long-term strategies
• Partner with Sales Account Teams, Finance, Pricing, Portfolio, and Marketing to drive improved product planning and sales execution
• Support the business planning process including annual planning and sales target setting
• Analyze various data sources (market trends, economic indicators, competitive analysis, purchasing preferences, pricing trends, technology trends) and leverage key trends to impact strategies
• Manage internal sales databases and external market data
• Ability to generate strong analysis based on Team inputs, internal/external data, and independent thought that can be used by the team to make portfolio and account decisions
• Motivated self starter that delivers results on timely basis and capable of influencing others
• Highly collaborative with experience working in cross-functional teams
• Experience in Consumer Insights, Marketing Strategy, Applications & Services, Pricing, Product/Portfolio Planning, Finance, and Retail Strategy
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.