Social and Communications Contractor
To have your application materials reviewed by the hiring manager, please apply directly to the external link.
Hello 👋 ,
we're Chicago Ventures, a seed stage venture capital firm. We're hiring a part-time Social and Communications Contractor to work alongside our Director of Platform, Lindsay Knight. This is a paid role that can also be positioned as an internship for an undergraduate or graduate student, and will require up to 20 hours/month.
🙋♀️ An ideal candidate
is someone with 1+ years experience working in marketing, content, and communications (either full-time or through an internship); who has a demonstrated interest in venture capital and/or startups; and who can make at least a 1-year commitment to the role. The role is virtual, so we're open to candidates in any location. (Please note that this won't turn into a full-time role at Chicago Ventures, but can be a great stepping stone for another venture firm or startup!)
✅ Candidates should:
- Show a demonstrated expertise of using social media for business, especially Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Have a keen eye for design (though no formal design skills necessary).
- Have experience in Mailchimp.
- Have experience in Wordpress.
- Be responsive, resourceful, and creative.
- Be an eagle-eyed editor: catch typos, and triple check everything.
- Love deadlines.
✅ Regular deliverables will include:
- Press Tracking: weekly, create a report of portfolio companies and Chicago Ventures team members in the news. (2 hours / week)
- Social: Craft Tweets, LinkedIn, and Instagram posts using using some evergreen content, and some real-time content. (2 hours / week)
- Monthly Newsletter: Create and send our quarterly Chicago Ventures newsletter. (5 hours / every 3 months)
✅ Ad hoc deliverables could include:
- Website Updates: Work within Wordpress to update the CV website as needed (ie, adding new portfolio companies, adding content).
- Other Email Communications: Creation of hoc communications.
- Content: Creation of additional content pieces.
- Monday, December 28, 2020: Applications close
- Monday, January 4 - Friday, January 8, 2021: Interviews
- Mid to Late January 2021: Start date
Once you begin, you can expect weekly check-ins by phone or Zoom.
📥 To apply,
you can fill out our application here.
Chicago Ventures prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, ability status, family or parental status, and age.