Podcast Production Internship - Social Media & Communications
The Modesty Files is looking for interns to join the content production team. As an intern, you will work directly alongside the show’s producers to create episodes and marketing media assets. Internships begin in January 2021.
Internships are part-time, unpaid, remote positions. You will be an essential part of The Modesty Files team. We offer a flexible schedule and can work with your university to earn college credit.
About The Modesty Files
The Modesty Files is a growing podcast, "uncovering" women’s stories who left fundamentalist church communities. We interview women who have left their church but not faith, people who have moved on to different religions, people who have left religious beliefs altogether, and people who are still trying to figure it out.
Our show reaches thousands of listeners every week, and our content is positively impacting women around the globe. Before applying, check out the show here, available on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and all podcasts platforms.
Social Media & Communications Intern
Responsibilities (10 hours/week)
- Implement and maintain an online presence through social media
- Use various forms of media, such as blogging, social networking sites, and discussion boards to help market the podcast
- Collaborate with the team to write, proofread, and format social media materials
- Engage with a community of fans/followers online regularly
Qualifications / Skills
- High Proficiency in social media platforms (REQUIRED)
- Experience with Canva or Adobe Photoshop
- Outstanding file organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet weekly editing deadlines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Passion for social media, podcasts, and an interest in the show’s content
Mentoring & Educational opportunities:
- Meet weekly for 1:1 mentoring sessions with supervisors
- Software skill development in Adobe Suite, PluralEyes, Pro Tools, iZotope RX, Canva, & transcription software
- Opportunities to meet with industry professionals and arrange informational interviews
- Work with supervisors to develop action plan for future career goals
- Work with supervisors to review career documentation (resume, portfolio, etc.)
You are welcome at The Modesty Files for who you are, no matter where you come from, or your beliefs. Our podcast is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our show, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background.
Please send cover letter, resume, & reel/portfolio to email@example.com. Include your name and the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Applications due December 23, 2020.