Marketing & Trademarks Paralegal
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSTING IS FOR A CONTRACTOR POSITION
This contractor paralegal position is on the Marketing, Privacy and Technology Legal Team supporting various parts of the marketing and trademarks work at Whole Foods Market. The person in this role will help coordinate the work of the legal team supporting the marketing business partners, including managing contracts; working with the marketing attorney to develop and implement processes to efficiently and effectively review marketing materials; and handling other special projects, as assigned.
- Perform general paralegal duties - under the supervision of the marketing attorney: review and approve marketing materials, draft and negotiate contracts, respond to day-to-day marketing legal questions, identify/manage critical risks/issues.
- Prepare legal correspondence, including termination letters, extensions and amendments.
- Respond to legal inquiries; raise and escalate legal issues as necessary.
- Work with marketing attorney to streamline, develop and implement processes to review marketing materials.
- Conduct preliminary trademarks search; assist with trademarks maintenance and enforcement including drafting cease & desist letters; identify trademark/copyright issues and risks; provide guidance to business teams regarding proper use of trademarks.
- Handle other duties/projects, including legal research, related to the support of the Legal Marketingl team, as needed.
- Associate Degree in Paralegal Studies or Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to interact well with all levels of personnel and ability to communicate clearly
- Must be able to take ownership of projects and think proactively
- Must have superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize high-volume work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work as part of a team to collaborate across geographic and organizational boundaries to deliver better business results and share best practices
- Ability to draft, negotiate and interpret contracts
- 2-5 years of work experience as paralegal or contract manager or relevant related field
- Advertising/Marketing legal experience (such as familiarity with FTC and FDA regulations, NAD guidelines, sweepstakes laws and requirements, donations and cause advertising) preferred
- Experience with trademark and copyright laws, and familiarity with intellectual property clearance searches
- Experience leading multiple projects and activities and streamlining processes
- Familiarity with legal research tools such as Bloomberg Law and Corsearch