Marketing & Communications Summer 2021 Internship
What you’ll be doing...
This internship position, which is part of the overall Verizon Campus Program, will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm. You will be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of the 10-week experience. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects within the BlueJeans by Verizon organization that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program. Youll learn from the best minds in the industry and have a chance to enhance your marketing knowledge in an environment that’s dedicated to industry superiority.
At BlueJeans, it is all about the customer. Our goal is to exceed our customer expectations and ensure that we always ask the question "what will our customer think?". We strive to ensure that our customers have the best meetings possible each and every time they meet. Since our inception, BlueJeans has been continually recognized globally as a leader in the areas of innovation, performance, and business impact from thought leaders in the industry. We’ve won a plethora of awards highlighting our leadership in the world of video conferencing.
In this role, you may have the opportunity to:
- Drive customer references, peer reviews, customer content in marketing materials and more.
- Support our awareness activities, including public relations, social media and analyst relations.
- Work with partner teams for Key Launch Initiatives and to ensure deadlines are met.
- Assist with special projects and preparation of presentations.
- Evaluate launch tactics including Training and Operational activities.
- Work within core internal teams to identify campaign needs during the briefing process.
- Assist field activation teams in developing a comprehensive list of assets needed for each project.
- Ensure core team members are aligned with established strategy and are supplied with the information needed to deliver on objectives.
- You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in other roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered.
What we’re looking for...
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program in Marketing, Communications, Business or related major with an expected completion date between December 2021 and June 2023.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
- Willingness to work in San Francisco, CA.
Even better if you have:
- Strong analytical, leadership and presentation skills.
- Strong written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in communications and marketing concepts.
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
Diversity and Inclusion at Verizon
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.