Sustainability Summer Intern - Equity and Diversity Internship
Equity and Diversity Internship
The QBP Equity and Diversity Internship is comprised of multiple interns working across different areas of the business. Interns have role-specific responsibilities within their dedicated field in addition to group activities and projects. The purpose of the program is to diversify QBP and the cycling industry by encouraging talented students who are members of underrepresented communities and identities and/or students with a demonstrated commitment towards advancing issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion to pursue careers in the bicycle industry.
Eligible internship candidates are members of underrepresented communities and identities and/or students with a demonstrated commitment towards advancing issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Dates of internship: June 7-August 13 2021
Hours: Full-time, Monday through Friday schedule
Equity & Diversity Internship—Sustainability Intern
Why Join Us?
The QBP Community team is seeking a driven, well-organized, analytical college student to serve as the Sustainability Intern. The successful candidate will work with stakeholders across QBP and its various distribution centers to collect and analyze data for greenhouse gas reporting.
What you will do/learn:
- Collect scope 1, 2, and 3 carbon data and input into the QBP greenhouse inventory.
- Assist in presentation of GHG emissions current state and projected.
- Create graphs and other materials to display emissions date and QBP progress.
- Research what other industries/businesses are doing to minimize their carbon footprint.
- Start and work on implementation of the strategy document to reduce GHG footprint on environment.
Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
What you need to succeed: (no more than 10 bullet points)
- Passion for making the world a better place
- Highly organized
- Strong degree of comfort with data and calculations
- Solid research and writing skills
- Ability to work and deliver results in a self-directed environment
- Creativity in translating and displaying greenhouse gas data into
- Enrolled in a science, economics, math, environmental studies, or related studies and familiar with sustainability issues and/or energy and carbon neutrality
We are a bicycle company that builds innovative, world-class brands, and distribution bicycle products to over 5,000 bike shops. We are a values-driven company and strive to be an extraordinary business to work for. Here are just a few of the things that make QBP great:
· Company Culture – You won’t find any suits here! QBP has a relaxed and accepting work environment where employees are encouraged to bring their unique selves to the table.
· Environmental Sustainability – We’re always trying to minimize our environmental footprint. Recent efforts include building LEED-certified distribution centers, composting at our offices, and paying to offset carbon emissions from shipping.
All candidates are subject to a pre-employment criminal background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)