Software Development Engineer - Amazon Aqua, Database
Amazon AQUA, Advanced Query Acceleration, is a new service offering to the Amazon RedShift data warehouse solution. AQUA is designed from the ground up to enhance performance of analytic query workloads. AQUA achieves high performance by using a highly distributed platform built of the latest generation hardware, specialized Amazon hardware accelerators, and advanced caching techniques. AQUA’s obsession with performance allows customers to experience significantly higher throughput accelerating their ability to answer business questions with more data.
To explore more about Amazon AQUA, visit https://www.zdnet.com/article/amazon-redshift-turns-aqua .
We are looking for new grad Software Engineers who have experience with C++, a good understanding of modern data structures and algorithms and has experience with distributed systems or high performance computing with a desire to apply those skill sets to core database engine. The candidate will help participate in design, development and testing of core AQUA query engine architecture including query engine optimizer and extending the query compiler for enhancements targeting hardware acceleration.
Further, we are looking for engineers with customer success focus and the ability to convert their experiences into visionary ground-breaking product enhancements. Finally, the engineer should have the desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world!
Please Note: Relocation is required either to Seattle, WA or Palo Alto, CA.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Programming experience with a focus on languages such as C++ or C including object-oriented design
- Enrolled in, or received B.S / M.S / Ph.D. in Computer Science (graduation date on or after December 2020) with focused study and research experience in three or more of the following areas:
- Advanced databases/query processing areas
- Database engine internals (storage): indexing, access methods, concurrency control, logging, caching, transaction processing, replication, backup restore, buffer management
- Database engine internals (query processing): query compilation, optimization, execution, parallel execution
- Distributed systems: consensus-based quorum replication, NoSQL system implementation
- Candidates with strong interests and academic qualifications/research focus in file and storage systems, compilers, operating systems, networking, computer architecture
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal. NOTE: Amazon works with a high volume of applicants so we appreciate your patience as we review applications.