Assistant To Sr Vice President
American Museum Of Natural History
Assistant To Sr Vice President
The American Museum of Natural History (AMNH) is one of the world's preeminent scientific and cultural institutions. Since its founding in 1869, the Museum has advanced its global mission to discover, interpret and disseminate information about human cultures, the natural world, and the universe through a wide-ranging program of scientific research, education and exhibitions. AMNH is seeking an Assistant to the Sr. Vice President & Provost of Science who will provide administrative support and oversee all day-to-day functions in the Office of the Provost.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Provide direct administrative support for the VP & Provost of Science:
• Answer phones: screen, reply to internal or external queries, disseminate as necessary.
• Manage the Provost's meeting calendar and schedule meetings.
• Plan events and meetings; including scheduling, catering and invitations.
• Review emails and respond on behalf of Provost as directed.
• Draft correspondence and emails for the Provost as requested.
• Coordinate travel arrangements for Provost.
• Review travel expenses and other various incoming documents requiring Provost approval and, in absence of Provost, approve on their behalf.
• Assist Science Departments in understanding administrative requirement/procedures.
• Greet staff and visitors.
Manage the overall Office of the Provost, including day-to day purchasing and financial tracking:
• Manage all purchasing and troubleshooting related facility requests for the Office of the Provost.
• Under direction, initiate hiring for Department staff and curators via internal computer system.
• Generate/approve requisitions and purchase orders for Office of the Provost.
• Independently track and troubleshoot expenses against plans/budget via internal accounting system.
• Coordinate with other Departments as needed.
• Maintain accurate, up-to date filing systems and contact information.
Support Science-wide academic processes/functions, particularly curatorial performance and tenure reviews:
• Independently plan and monitor Annual Curatorial Performance Review process, including tenure reviews, sending reminders and tracking submissions.
• Maintain Curatorial Review database.
• Schedule presentations and disseminate invitations for required presentations.
• Coordinate selection of external A&P members and reviewers; make travel arrangement where required.
• Disseminate results/reports from the Provost to curatorial staff.
• Work with other areas of Science in coordination and tracking expenses for curatorial searches; visiting committees, etc.
• Additional miscellaneous tasks related to academic processes as needed.
Provide administrative and logistical support for Provost fieldwork:
• Coordinate with other Departmental staff and external partners;
• Make travel arrangements for large parties.
• Process payments and submit expedition accounting.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role.
• Familiarity with Mac required and familiarity with PC preferred.
• Demonstrated experience managing administrative functions independently or with limited supervision.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 required. Moderate level Outlook, Word and Excel skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to learn new systems and manage multiple internal computer systems.
• Attention to detail, able to adapt to changing situations, work in a fast-paced environment and problem-solve independently.
• High degree of confidentiality.
• High level of professionalism when working with individuals across the Museum and externally.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to respond to personnel of all levels without direct supervision.
• Familiarity with Oracle a plus.
• Knowledge of natural sciences a plus.
• Experience working in a not for profit/academic environment preferred.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/2085853
The American Museum of Natural History is one of the world's preeminent scientific and cultural institutions. Since its founding in 1869, the Museum has advanced its global mission to discover, interpret and disseminate information about human cultures, the natural world and the universe through a wide-ranging program of scientific research, education and exhibition. The Museum is renowned for its exhibitions and scientific collections, which serve as a field guide to the entire planet and present a panorama of the world's cultures.
The American Museum of Natural History is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Museum does not discriminate with respect to employment, or admission or access to Museum facilities, programs or activities on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, alienage or citizenship status, current or former participation in the uniformed services, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin, or on account of any other basis prohibited by applicable City, State, or Federal law.
If special accommodations are needed in applying for a position, please call the Office of Human Resources.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.