The Greater Milwaukee Foundation (GMF) is how Milwaukee works together. For over a century, we have helped generous people give back to the community. Together with donors and partners throughout the region, the Foundation invests in the potential of people and places, supports community-grown solutions and strives to end the systemic racism that holds our region back. Through the power of transformative philanthropy and social change, we are focused on shaping a future where everyone thrives – a Milwaukee for all.
You can make a difference, as we are seeking an Executive Assistant! The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the President/CEO and is the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President. The incumbent serves as a liaison to the Leadership Team and organizes and coordinates executive activities.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President/CEO, which includes composing and preparing correspondence, reports and presentations that are sometimes confidential, arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas, and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the President/CEO's schedule is followed and respected.
- Handles incoming and outgoing calls, electronic and other communication on behalf of the President/CEO.
- Provides a bridge for communication between the Office of the President and internal departments.
- Assists the President/CEO with annual administrative budget preparation.
- Assists the President/CEO with organizing staff meetings, Leadership Team meetings and retreats.
- Works closely with Leadership Team members in carrying out mission of the Foundation; participates in and takes minutes for Leadership Team meetings.
- Maintains Asana directory for the Office of the President.
- Under the direction of the Executive Coordinator, may provide administrative support for Board meetings including meeting logistics, developing and compiling presentation materials, coordinating materials from staff and posting materials on the Board portal, and combining and disseminating meeting minutes.
- A high school diploma, GED or HSED with some advanced training or education in administrative functions required; an Associate Degree preferred.
- Seven (7) or more years of administrative support experience required; previous experience working in a nonprofit environment and supporting a President/CEO or similar executive position preferred.
- Five (5) or more years of client/customer service experience involving high-level of confidentiality preferred.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with the ability to compile routine reports and correspondence and speak effectively in a public setting.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint specifically), Zoom/Teams and Skype capabilities, web-based applications and databases.
- Excellent organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated commitment to racial equity and inclusion.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, external partners and donors.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and problem-solve a wide range of issues.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance and reliable transportation.
Application Instructions: Please include resume, cover letter and salary requirements when applying.
Benefits: We offer an excellent benefit package, which includes health, dental, vision, flexible spending, life insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, paid time off (PTO), educational assistance and more!
The Greater Milwaukee Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.