Social Media Specialist
The University of Nebraska at Omaha is seeking a
Social Media Specialist
In collaboration with UNO University Communications, creates and executes a cohesive social media content strategy to increase engagement with and grow the University’s social media audiences.
Social Media Channel Management and Strategic Development:
• Manage UNO official social media channels, including – but not limited to – the daily creation and curation of social media content in support of a cohesive social media engagement and growth strategy.
• Collaborate with University Communications team members and university partners to protect and enhance the university’s brand perception and reputation.
• Consult and collaborate with UNO campus communicators to provide best practices guidance and refine social media strategies.
• Promote, enforce, and update as needed the university-wide social media policy regarding regulations, best practices/strategy, and brand guidelines.
• Assist the UCOMM Marketing team in the strategic planning for and execution of marketing goals, objectives, and priorities.
• Assist the UCOMM Events team in the strategic promotion and elevation of university priority events and engagement opportunities.
• Create and maintain a UNO-affiliated social media inventory.
• Regular social media analytics reporting and monitoring.
Multimedia Content Creation and Storytelling:
• Recruit and manage UNO student influencers.
• Create original written and visual content to support Editorial and UCOMM-wide storytelling and engagement priorities.
• Participate in relevant university work groups or committees as needed.
• Assist with University Communication team projects as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Required Experience: Minimum of two years related experience.
Salary Information: $45,700-$60,000/year
For more information please contact email@example.com
Initial application review will begin on 12/01/2020. Applications received prior to this date will be considered. Applications received after the review date may be considered.
All interested parties must apply through the UNO Website listed in the ad. Materials submitted directly to this site will not be considered.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, relation, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. UNO is an AA/EEO/ADA institution. For questions, accommodations or assistance, please call/contact the ADA/504 Coordinator (phone: 402.554.3523) or the Director of Accessibility Services Center (phone: 402.554.2872). UCTEMP20