Software Engineer Internships (Summer 2021)
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk. Learn more: https://www.crowdstrike.com/
About the Role
As an engineering intern at CrowdStrike, you’ll work alongside the best and the brightest engineering talent in the industry and contribute to the meaningful work in our engineering teams. We are looking for engineering interns to work in the following areas: Cloud, Sensor, Product Security, and User Interface (UI).
- Participate in design and development of software with cross platform deliverables
- Work with cutting edge technologies and languages across the entire development stack
- Build elegant solutions for complex technical problems in the native languages
- Help ensure software and systems are designed and implemented to the highest security standards
- Develop system design and coding best practices for engineering teams
- Learn about our massively scalable distributed architecture
What You’ll Need..
- Currently enrolled at a four university, currently working towards a CS/Engineering degree, not graduating earlier than August 2021
- Development experienced with one or more of the following: Python, C/C++, Java, or Go
- Able to communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a distributed team.
- Familiarity and experience with Agile process
- Can think about and write high quality code and can demonstrate that capability, be it through job experience, schoolwork, or contributions to community projects.
- Experience with Linux, Go, AWS, Kafka, GRPC, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Bamboo, Git
- Data storage: RDBMS, NoSQL, and caching technologies, e.g. PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis, Memcached
- Computer and/or network security experience/understanding
- Contributions to the open source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogging)
- OS system understanding for core concepts and subsystems (Linux, XNU, FreeBSD, etc)
- Experience responding to security events, including front-line analysis and escalation, on hacktivist, cybercrime, and APT activity.
- Other technical security certifications or security-related academic background, such as coursework, projects, or capture-the-flag competitions, will be a plus.
Summer Internship Program Experience Teaser:
- Access to Intern Executive Speaker Series
- Development Workshops
- Fun social mixers
- Tech Talks
- Volunteer events
- Access to company events
- Assigned Mentor
- Continuous feedback
- Paid Holidays and 401k
- Swag and more!