Employment Status: Full-time, Remote
Start date: Immediate start
Anticipated compensation: $40,000- 45,000 commensurate with experience
Who We Are
Saga Education is a national nonprofit founded in 2014 and aimed to confront educational inequity to support historically under-served schools and their students. Saga Education has dedicated itself to providing high-dosage, in-school tutoring in partnership with public high schools. Since our founding, Saga Education and our tutoring fellows have served over 17,600 students across Chicago, New York City, Washington, D.C., and Broward County, Florida.
For more information about Saga Education’s mission, please visit us at www.sagaeducation.org.
The Work and Why it Matters
Nationwide, students are experiencing a significant interruption in their formal education due to COVID-19 and resulting in extended school closures. While educators and students alike have many unprecedented challenges to overcome this upcoming school year, educators report that their top concern is students falling behind in math. This concern is heightened for educators in high poverty districts who teach predominantly black or Latinx students.
Now more than ever we need talented, caring, and capable people committed to supporting our students in their academic and social development. Finding academic interventions that address inequities that historically underserved students face is one of our nation’s most urgent challenges.
Saga Recruitment supports a national effort to source, select, and hire individuals to serve as high school math tutors, either in person or online, for one academic school year. The Recruiter position supports their assigned region, and Regional Recruitment Manager in all recruitment tasks related to identifying, engaging and hiring top talent. In collaboration with the Regional Recruitment Manager and the Recruitment Team, the Recruiter will engage in administrative tasks, sourcing, selecting, phone screening, interviewing and other tasks as assigned.
- You will be responsible for supporting the end-to-end selection process which includes sourcing qualified candidates, screening applications, scheduling interviews, participating in interviews, and providing offer recommendations
- You will be knowledgeable of positions responsibilities, Saga benefits and compensation and communicate this information to candidates throughout the selection process
- In collaboration with other members of the Recruitment Team, you will manage and maintain your assigned recruitment pipeline within the ATS Greenhouse
- You will execute timely candidate follow-up and email communication and efficiently move candidates through the selection process
- You will complete candidate Scorecards within Greenhouse to provide objective feedback on candidate fit for role
- You will work on recruitment related projects as assigned, including but not limited to: job descriptions, Key Performance Indicators, etc.
- You will represent Saga and attend recruitment and career fairs as assigned
- Due to the nature of remote work, you must be prepared to navigate software and troubleshoot technical issues as they arise
- You believe that every student wants to, can and will learn when provided with a quality education
- You display exemplary oral and written communication skills, and comfort with public speaking
- You have exceptional attention to detail and are a self-starter
- You are able to work autonomously and independently, while producing and delivering high quality and rapid results
Experience & Qualifications
- You have a completed Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or an applicable combination of work experience
- You have 6 months to 1 year of experience in recruiting or recruitment coordination
- You have experience or have had an introduction to managing a talent pipeline within an ATS
- You must have strong time management skills
- You have experience working remote or proven record of a proactive approach to work
- Experience with Greenhouse is preferred but not required
- Experience with Google Suite is preferred but not required
- Experience with Calendly is preferred but not required
Saga Education offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits package, generous PTO, as well as opt-in programs such as 401k retirement plan, flexible spending account (FSA), and discounts through Tickets At Work. Saga Education will provide company-owned technology when applicable.
Saga Education provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to apply to Saga Education.