Summer 2021 Marketing Internship
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and learn in a culture that empowers your development. We have created an inclusive, global environment that values the power of diverse talent, backgrounds, and experiences to drive speed, productivity, innovation, and growth.
Our internship program will give you a chance to get real world business experience and build your network before graduation. We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will focus on learning how our organization runs, and can be expected to gain valuable insight that can further your interest in your chosen career field.
Customers throughout the globe rely on our extensive range of products and services—from next-generation instruments to everyday lab essentials to life-saving medicine. If you desire to be a part of a world-class team, Thermo Fisher Scientific can provide you with the opportunity to work in Marketing to support our teams that enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Thermo Fisher’s Marketing and Sales work is carried out by dedicated, team-oriented professionals who want to make a difference.
Summary of Internship
Internship positions provide an opportunity for business, engineering and science students to get hands on experience in a marketing and sales environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive the US campaigns across all product portfolios and support any account based segmentation/data analytics to guide the sales team. eg: consumable utilization across diagnostic platforms.
- Compile and provide metrics on sales opportunities, working with marketing department to understand drivers of adoption and barrier to uptake of products, solutions and services.
- Special projects may arise in which contact with cross-functional internal teams and/or vendors providing creative or consultative services may be necessary.
- Interns will gain valuable experience to understand market segmentation, value propositions and product launches, as well as the execution and evaluation of annual market plans across several product segments within the Microbiology domain.
- Student currently enrolled in classes leading to an accredited Bachelor’s degree in a related business or life science discipline
- Preferred majors: Business Management, Business Marketing
- Strong desire and motivation to develop a career in Marketing or Sales
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Exceptional customer focus
- Desire to teach other engineers and scientist about technology in area of expertise
- Previous industrial experience is preferred
- Experience with managing databases and SQL/SOQL is plus
- Experience with Salesforce.com CRM and the Microsoft PowerBI system is preferred
- Aptitude for working with hands and having experience using hand-tools may be beneficial
- Accuracy and attention to detail is required in performing all functions of this position.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are required.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!