Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
No one should have to make life’s big decisions alone.
At Unibuddy, we're on a mission to connect prospective students to current university students and staff. Shared experience empowers students with the information they need to make life’s first biggest decision: where to go to university and what to study.
Unibuddy's technology helps Higher Education institutions enable prospective students to chat directly with student ambassadors and staff, and to take part in online live events. We provide data tools and insights so that universities attract, engage and retain a diverse student population.
Since launching in 2017, we’ve grown rapidly and now work with over 300 Higher Education institutions in 28 countries worldwide. We’ve raised over $13M from top-tier investors that will fuel our expansion and help us achieve our ambitious goal of empowering 10 million students to make the right choice about their Higher Education journey.
In the next chapter of our journey, we’re looking to take a huge step forward. We're transforming our product offering. We're changing the way both prospective and current students make their life-determining decisions on a global scale. This, and our recent success, means that we need to scale. We're looking for people to help us supercharge our growth, while we continue to embody the values that have got us so far already.
🧗🏾♂️ Your Mission
As a Software Engineer at Unibuddy, you will be engaged in every aspect of building market leading products used by universities, students and prospective students. You will participate in the ideation, conceptualization and building of these products.
The team is focused on personal development and you will find here an environment where you can learn, ask questions, and apply what you’ve discovered and ship it to production every day.
As we are a rapidly growing company you will gain exposure to all areas of the business, understanding the key success drivers at a high growth company and gaining invaluable experience for your future career. Success in this role will lead to opportunities for growth across the entire engineering team with significant scope for future development.
👩🏻🔧 Your day to day tasks will be…
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with your squad, including designers, product owners and engineers to define the future of the product
- Refine ideas and designs with your squad until they are ready to be picked up for development
- Improve the products by developing features or fixing existing issues
- Pair program with your squad buddies when needed so we complete sprint objectives as a team
- Work in an agile environment with constant feedback loop and adaptability
- Work in optimizing existing code, process and infrastructure and continuous integration
- Review the code of your squad buddies, to learn from it and improve the overall delivery quality of the team
- Push amazing code to production!
👨🏽💻This might be for you if…
- You have a passion for Higher-Education, understand the value of our product and want to join us on our mission to help millions of prospective higher education students find the right courses for them.
- You have previous experience in engineering either through work experience, internship or placement year
- You have a desire to solve real world problems.
- You have experience developing backend code in common frameworks such as Flask, Django, Express…
- You enjoy building responsive React Applications
- You are eager to learn new technologies and best practices, as well as to share anything new you learn within the squad or wider tech team.
Would be a bonus if you have…
- Knowledge of Python, MongoDB, Graphql
- Knowledge of Apollo client
If you don't fully understand our stack, the most important thing is that learning the tech (and others) doesn't scare you!
Ready to apply?
Great! Please send a CV and supporting statement which outlines why you would like to work with Unibuddy, and why you are well suited to this role. We encourage you to send us something that showcases your skills, a link to your GitHub or Stack Overflow is welcomed. Impress us.
Not ready to apply or have some questions? Then please get in touch with Yasmin, Talent Acquisition Manager at email@example.com
🛂 Please note that Unibuddy does not sponsor visas for this role.
Unibuddy is an equitable opportunity employer.