Account Executive (NYC)
To have your application materials reviewed by the hiring manager, please apply directly to the external link.
No one should make life’s big decisions alone.
At Unibuddy, we connect prospective students to university ambassadors and faculty staff members to empower them with the information they need to make one of life’s first big decisions: where to go to university!
Our SaaS platform provides Higher Education institutions with easy-to-deploy technology for their digital properties (web, mobile) so prospective students can chat with student ambassadors and faculty via one-to-one conversations and live events. We provide analytics and insights to help universities understand their prospective students and provide them with the information they need, increasing enrollment.
Since launching in 2017, we’ve grown rapidly and now work with over 250 institutions in 20+ countries across 4 continents. We’ve raised over $7M from top-tier investors that will fuel our expansion and help us achieve our ambitious goal of empowering 10 million students to make the right choice about their Higher Education journey.
Our recent success means that we’re currently scaling rapidly and hiring people that can help us supercharge our growth, while still embodying the values that have gotten us so far already.
🧗🏻♀️ Your Mission 🧗🏾♂️
As an Account Executive or as we call them University Partnerships Manager (UPM), you will help drive Unibuddy’s future growth by building relationships with prospective universities and turning them into happy and successful users of Unibuddy. We’re looking for an energetic and enthusiastic sales executive to join our entrepreneurial team and help accelerate our next phase of growth. Our clients come from all over the world and you will be responsible for developing and securing opportunities across North America, working with the rest of the sales team to identify key target regions, sectors and organizations.
As we are a rapidly growing company you will gain exposure to all areas of the business, understanding the key success drivers at an early stage company and gaining invaluable experience for your future career. Success in this role will lead to opportunities for growth across the entire sales team with significant scope for future development.
👩🏻🔧 Your day to day tasks will be to..
Work with the executive management to develop and implement an effective sales strategy
- Deeply understand the needs, key drivers and success factors of Unibuddy’s clients
- Acquire new Unibuddy university clients to hit/exceed quarterly sales targets through a consultative sales approach
- Effectively manage your pipeline of deals to meet your personal, and the team’s, revenue goals
- Identify and implement key areas for improvement in the sales process
- Measure and report on sales metrics and performance to redefine sales outreach best practice
- Participate in team improvement activities and ongoing sales coaching
- Oversee activities, monitor performance and deliver continual training for the SDRs within the sales department
- Participate in all aspects of recruitment and selection of new sales team members
- 👨🏽This might be for you if you have…3+ years experience of closing customer deals in a B2B SaaS sales environment with a demonstrable record of hitting and exceeding your sales targets
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business or any other related field. The equivalent of this in working experience is also acceptable for the position.
- You will be self-motivated, hard-working, coachable, and driven with a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with experience of consultative sales approaches
- Excellent leadership skills to inspire and coach junior sales
- Analytical ability and understanding of sophisticated sales processes with a data-driven mindset is essential
- Feeling at home in a high-growth environment where we don’t know all the answers, but are willing to learn and improve what we do with plenty of opportunities to expand your skills
Ready to apply?
Great! Please send a CV and supporting statement which outlines why you would like to work with Unibuddy, and why you are well suited to this role. We encourage you to send us something that showcases your skills, stand out and impress us.
Not ready to apply or have some questions? Then please get in touch with Yasmin, Talent Acquisition Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
🛂Please note that Unibuddy does not sponsor visas for this role.
Unibuddy is an equal opportunity employer.