Content Marketing Manager
To have your application materials reviewed by the hiring manager, please apply directly to the external link.
No one should have to make life’s big decisions alone.
At Unibuddy, we're on a mission to connect prospective students to current university students and staff. Shared experience empowers students with the information they need to make life’s first biggest decision: where to go to university and what to study.
Unibuddy's technology helps Higher Education institutions enable prospective students to chat directly with student ambassadors and staff, and to take part in online live events. We provide data tools and insights so that universities attract, engage and retain a diverse student population.
Since launching in 2017, we’ve grown rapidly and now work with over 300 Higher Education institutions in 28 countries worldwide. We’ve raised over $13M from top-tier investors that will fuel our expansion and help us achieve our ambitious goal of empowering 10 million students to make the right choice about their Higher Education journey.
In the next chapter of our journey, we’re looking to take a huge step forward. We're transforming our product offering. We're changing the way both prospective and current students make their life-determining decisions on a global scale. This, and our recent success, means that we need to scale. We're looking for people to help us supercharge our growth, while we continue to embody the values that have got us so far already.
🧗🏾♂️ Your Mission
We’re hiring for a brilliant content marketing manager to join our Marketing Team in New York City (currently remote/flexible). You will create a wide range of content including email campaigns, landing page copy, ad copy, blogs, whitepaeprs/guides and thought leadership pieces designed to WOW prospects and engage customers.
This position is reporting to the Head of Marketing (US), and will have a pivotal role in our company’s growth that directly impacts demand gen and brand awareness. To be successful in this role you’ll need a demonstrated expertise in writing and editing with an analytical and results-oriented mindset. You’ll have SEO knowledge, a great sense of humor, and aren't afraid to speak out and make the leap!
👩🏻🔧 Your day to day tasks will be…
- Build and manage the content/editorial calendar
- Blog on an ongoing basis to support and promote our expertise in higher education, our partner success and product benefits to attract site visitors through search, social media, and email subscribers.
- Serve as the internal investigative journalist to interview SMEs and turn their insights into valuable content
- Manage on-page SEO for the company by creating high-quality content around important, relevant terms and optimizing content for search engines
- Create informative customer success stories by interviewing delighted customers
- Develop longer form content such as whitepapers, surveys, and guides that highlight the advantages of Unibuddy for universities and students.
- Track lead generation across content types and use the data to iterate and inform future content decisions.
- Analyze effectiveness of content strategy via metrics and reports, and continually iterate.
- Help create a media list and establish relationships with influencers in higher education
👨🏽💻This might be for you if…
- You have 2+ years of B2B content marketing experience
- You are familiar with SEO
- You understand of the basic best practices of B2B thought leadership and content generation
- You are highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
- You have an editorial mindset that seeks to understand what our audiences consume and how to create it
- You are familiar with GoogleSuite, Google Analytics, Sprout Social, Pardot and Salesforce
- You are a self-starter with can-do attitude, a team player and hold an overall sense of ownership
- You are meticulously organized and respect deadlines.
- You are a hustler at heart, not afraid to come up with crazy ideas and a creative problem solver
- You want to thrive in a fast-paced and exciting startup environment and have a passion for helping students with making important life decisions
Ready to apply?
Great! Please send a CV and supporting statement which outlines why you would like to work with Unibuddy, and why you are well suited to this role. We encourage you to send us something that showcases your writing skills. Impress us.
Not ready to apply or have some questions? Then please get in touch with Yasmin, Talent Acquisition Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org