SPRING 2021 MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS INTERN
The Marketing Communications Intern will support the Marketing Communications Director in all tasks related to social media, public relations, outreach, marketing, and digital feature production. The ideal candidate will have an academic focus in Communications, Marketing, PR, or a related field. Graphic Design (minor) is a plus.
Commitment: 8-10 hours per week.
This is an unpaid internship. Applicants may check with their internship advisor to see if they are eligible to receive college credit or use the position as an official portfolio/resume builder.
This position will be remote with regular mentor supervision and learnings with the possibility of a few in-person days for photoshoots and interviews in downtown Chicago.
WHO YOU ARE
You are hungry for growth. You go the distance for what you want, no matter how challenging the pursuit. You hustle when no one is watching. You respect your process because you know it is unique to your path. You are the first one to arrive and the last one to leave. You are willing to take risks to make your dream a reality. No matter what, you always get back up. You never take short cuts. You are not afraid to go against the grain. You create your own opportunities. You are comfortable being uncomfortable. You value humility over ego. And above all, you never back down from your own greatness.
KEY LEARNINGS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and execute original and engaging content strategies for social media
- Coordinate content for feature releases in a monthly marketing calendar
- Assist with content creation and design to drive Instagram engagement
- Assist with copywriting for website features, social media, and email marketing
- Assist with project management and communication
- Support ambassador, feature, and community outreach efforts
- Conduct audits and research as needed
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Advanced knowledge of Google Workspace
- Intermediate experience using Adobe Creative Suite (preferred) and/or Canva
- Top-notch organizational skills for managing multiple tasks at once
- Career interest in social media, marketing, PR, design, and/or digital media
- Must be at least 18 years of age and enrolled in your sophomore, junior, or senior year at an accredited college or university (Chicago-area preferred)
- Must have access to a computer, social media apps, video, and camera
- Previous internship experience in Marketing and/or Design (preferred)
- Experience using Google Workspace, social media platforms, Zoom, Adobe Creative Suite and/or Canva
- Digital Media/Magazine
- Internship (unpaid)
- Available for school credit (1 or 3 credits) if college allows
- Education & Training
- Industry Experience