Software Engineer in Test (SDET), Intern - 2021
The Product Strategy and Technology Department creates and delivers product and technology strategy for the Episys Core Processing Platform. Responsibilities include product and project management, business analysis, software development, software test and system engineering. The goal is to deliver market leading customer capabilities on a rock-solid enterprise operating platform. The team you will be working on is focused on core Lending and compliance related projects.
Essential functions include:
- Analyzing, designing, developing, and maintaining automated scripts and manual regression test plans for a variety of interfaces
- Developing automation frameworks that consist of functional libraries while adhering to coding standards
- Schedule and conduct testing, submit testing errors and issues to development for correction
- Test corrected code and track any defects
This role will specifically focus on test automation in the Quality Assurance department – Episys QA.
To be successful in this role, the chosen candidate must have working knowledge of C#/Java.
The internship program begins June 7, 2021 and ends August 13, 2021. Based on successful completion of the 10-week program and business-unit need, continued employment will be offered. This position will be hired out of Allen, TX and/or San Diego, CA.
- Currently be enrolled at an accredited university or college
- Pursue a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Programming, Information Sciences, Management Information Systems, Software Engineering, or System Analysis.
- Have and maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Be able to work up to 40 hours per week throughout the summer internship with minimum absences.
- Completed sophomore year of college (at minimum)
- Meet legal requirements to work in the U.S. for an indefinite period of time.
- Currently enrolled in graduate school for Computer Science.
- Microsoft and other modern programming/software engineering related certifications and/or an active desire to pursue such certifications.
- A curiosity and drive to provide contemporary approaches and ideas with enough self-independence to follow that curiosity.
- Basic understanding of today’s modern Fintech industry.
- Understanding of object oriented programming - C#/Java is required.
- Works on projects and tasks that are pertinent to the needs of the business unit by applying knowledge, experience and/or education.
- Works with other team members to learn and assist with projects relevant to the department and pursuit of degree.
- Assists the team in their day-to-day functions of servicing our clients or internal customers.
- Assisting with special projects as needed.
- Essential functions to be specified at the department level.
- Begins with a new employee orientation and concludes 10 weeks later with a final project retrospective.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business—and our society—stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, empowers, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.