Corporate Sustainability, Intern - 2021
Jack Henry & Associates is seeking to hire a motivated and talented Sustainability, Intern-Associate to join the Legal team for Summer 2021. Under close supervision, the Sustainability, Intern-Associate will work with the Director of Corporate Responsibility to implement sustainability initiatives. Throughout the 10-week program, the chosen candidate will design and implement strategies and projects that support a culture of corporate responsibility. Responsibilities may include:
- Contributing to the consolidation and roll-out of the sustainability strategy of Jack Henry & Associates
- Developing energy, carbon water and waste analysis, studying opportunities to reduce impact and resource consumption
- Conduct research and market evaluation of current and developing environmental, social, and governance sustainability-related initiatives and develop recommendations on what to implement at Jack Henry
- Gathering data and drafting 2021 sustainability report
- Crafting content for internal and external website updates and social media posts
This position can be hired remotely, in Winston-Salem, NC or Lenexa, KS.
The internship program begins June 7, 2021 and ends August 13, 2021. Based on successful completion of the 10-week program and business-unit need, continued employment will be offered.
- Currently be enrolled at an accredited university or college.
- Pursue a bachelor’s degree in Sustainability, Environmental Science, Business, Liberal Arts, Data Analytics, or Economics.
- Have and maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Be able to work up to 40 hours per week throughout the summer internship with minimum absences.
- Completed sophomore year of college (at minimum).
- Meet legal requirements to work in the U.S. for an indefinite period of time.
- Coursework in Sustainability concepts (e.g. energy, carbon, water).
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible manner.
- Eagerness to learn and work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills with attention to detail.
- Experience managing a program and/or launching a new idea.
- Works on projects and tasks that are pertinent to the needs of the business unit by applying knowledge, experience and/or education.
- Works with other team members to learn and assist with projects relevant to the department and pursuit of degree.
- Assists the team in their day-to-day functions of servicing our clients or internal customers.
- Assisting with special projects as needed.
- Essential functions to be specified at the department level.
- Begins with a new employee orientation and concludes 10 weeks later with a final project retrospective.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business—and our society—stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, empowers, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.