Digital Content Host
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
WGN-TV is searching for the right person to be one of the faces of our expanded digital initiatives, providing regular news updates, anchoring extended breaking news coverage, and hosting special programming—all within the digital space.
- Anchors and reports on our digital platforms, describing the background and details of events, often without a script
- Uses innovative technology to become a “one-man-band anchor”, able to integrate video, graphics and other elements without the use of a control room—while hosting live at the same time
- Connects with viewers and users to create interactive show content
- Able to report at length about stories in all areas— including news, politics, weather, entertainment, and sports
- Works with other digital staff to be live on short notice, especially in breaking news situations
- Writes and edits stories for the website
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
- Minimum two years’ experience in news reporting
- Superior on-air presence
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Go to https://www.nexstar.tv/careers/ and search for REQ-6695 & REQ-6788.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.Nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled