Digital Supervising Producer
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
WGN-TV is searching for a Supervising Producer for our expanded digital efforts, including executing news updates, aggressively pursuing breaking news, and producing special content and shows online.
- Works behind the scenes to produce daily digital content and long-term projects, while collaborating with the Digital Content Host
- Responsible for organizing and structuring regular news updates and breaking news
- Shoots and edits content that appears only on digital platforms
- Assists in other digital efforts, including daily political and sports shows
- Writes stories for the website
- Reviews copy and will correct errors in content, grammar, and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
- Determines a story's emphasis, length, and format, and organizes material accordingly
Requirements and Skills
- Three (3) years of experience as a digital news producer or related experience
- Must have strong news judgment and work with the assignment desk to plan daily stories and content
- Excellent writing and editing skills, attention to detail
- Familiarity with news writing and journalistic standards
- Ability to function under extreme deadline pressure
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Go to https://www.nexstar.tv/careers/ and search for REQ-6668.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.Nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled