Special Events Intern
The Parkinson's Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Special Events Intern will help support our Special Events department and will work directly with the team on planning an array of events.
- Support team with developing, planning and implementing events
- Assist with event logistics and fundraising
- Field special event calls and inquiries
- Assist with research and outreach for in-kind and auction donations
- Provide administrative support and perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Current college student (junior/senior level) or graduate student
- Self-starter who takes initiative, comfortable wearing many hats, can solve problems self-sufficiently, but takes direction well
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Professional and capable of interacting with high-level volunteers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Organized and detail-oriented; can be counted on to produce high-quality work
- Interested in the non-profit sector, specifically fundraising
- Prior work and/or intern experience a plus
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resume and cover letter. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Special Events Intern in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.