Software/Hardware Development Engineer Intern
Annapurna Labs is looking for Software Development Engineer Interns to help develop the next-generation of data center accelerators. In this role you marry your two passions; firmware design and hardware control. We are looking for smart and motivated students, who believe high-language constructs are awesome abstractions for silicon capabilities. You will collaborate with hardware design and test teams, as well as manufacturing and system firmware, to create some of the finest chip drivers the planet has ever seen. Your software will be used to boot, control, and diagnose accelerated computing systems at Amazon scale.
Candidates for this position should have a strong background in computer programming, exposure to fundamental computer science, and a passion for device drivers and hardware-centric software.
Equally important, the candidate must have an ability to multi-task, quickly adapt to new development environments and changing requirements. A successful candidate, can write reliable and maintainable code, build robust solutions to difficult problems, and has the ability to communicate clearly and concisely both written and orally.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field at time of application
- Computer Science fundamentals in Boolean logic, data structures, and algorithm design
- Experience in programming with C and modern C++
- Interest in the operation and programming of low-level hardware interfaces such as device drivers.
- Research, projects and/or internship experience with hardware-centric systems such as robotics, device drivers, or FPGA
- Experience with Git source control