Interpreter Services Assistant
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading nonsectarian, voluntary organization providing relief, protection and resettlement services for refugees and victims of oppression. For over 25 years our Phoenix office has provided a range of services including resettlement and economic empowerment services, immigration, community gardening and case management for victims of trafficking.
Our strength and success lie within our core values of Service, Accountability, Equality, and Integrity. We are strongly motivated by our clients and are dedicated to delivering high-impact and quality programs.
The Interpreter Services Assistant supports the delivery of high quality, reliable, in-person and remote language interpretation to internal and external IRC customers by fielding interpretation requests, scheduling interpreters, troubleshooting issues, satisfying recordkeeping requirements, and providing high levels of customer service.
· Respond to questions related to interpreter services programming via phone, email, or in-person.
· Field internal and external customer requests for interpretation services, matching and scheduling interpreters based on customer requirements and interpreter qualifications and availability.
· Independently resolve conflicts, escalating issues as necessary to the Interpreter Services Supervisor.
· Build and maintain positive relationships with staff, customers, and interpreters.
· Provide assistance to interpreters or users in the use of virtual platforms and troubleshoot any related issues.
· Assist with scheduling, proctoring, and delivery of interpreter language proficiency testing.
· Provide general administrative support and contribute to special projects.
· Comply with all IRC policies, procedures and protocols including adherence to the IRC Way and Child Safeguarding.
· Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated professional experience providing high levels of customer service required.
- Prior scheduling experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to remain organized, prioritize effectively, and meet deadlines within a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate clearly and concisely in spoken and written English with people at varying language proficiency levels.
- Strong command of virtual communication platforms.
- High level of professionalism, discretion, and sound judgment. Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work outputs.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and to work independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint). Ability to learn other computer software programs.
- Experience working in a diverse, multi-cultural environment preferred.
- In accordance with Arizona State Law, must possess or be eligible to receive a fingerprint clearance card.
Interested candidates must apply on our website by clicking on the green "Apply Externally" button.
IRC- leading the way from harm to home
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law
Please apply at http://www.rescue.org/careers