Summer 2021 Software Development Intern
To have your application materials reviewed by the hiring manager, please apply directly to the external link.
Shure offers a challenging and rewarding summer internship program. The twelve week program is offered to undergraduate students that have completed at least 2 years of college, as well as graduate students. Each intern will receive a competitive salary and students who reside out of Illinois will receive a housing stipend to cover living expenses. Applications will be collected, reviewed and selected candidates will be contacted in late fall/early winter.
The Software Development Intern will assist with support of new product development features and technology. These activities involve basic programming, scripting, and testing on new and existing technology platforms. The intern will evaluate competitive products and new-to-Shure technologies, as well as supporting testing of prototype devices for product development teams. Additionally the intern will write evaluations and summaries of their work.
- The intern will help test competitive products
- Code new features, fix bugs, and exercise technologies under investigation
- Collaborate with technology leaders, manager, testers, and the IT department to meet system design requirements
- Works within Shure software development process and coding standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Pursuing degree in Computer Science or related feild
- Software engineering skills:
- Object-oriented design
- Web application testing methodologies
- Parallel and concurrent programming
- Proficiency in one or more of the following programming technologies:
- NET Web Forms
- NET Entity Framework