Summer 2021 Audio Visual Technician Intern
To have your application materials reviewed by the hiring manager, please apply directly to the external link.
Shure offers a challenging and rewarding summer internship program. The twelve week program is offered to undergraduate students that have completed at least 2 years of college, as well as graduate students. Each intern will receive a competitive salary and students who reside out of Illinois will receive a housing stipend to cover living expenses. Applications will be collected, reviewed and selected candidates will be contacted in late fall/early winter.
The Shure Audio-Visual Technician Intern will report to the Audio-Visual Services Manager and work collaboratively with other A/V Services, IT, and Facilities associates. The A/V Tech intern will help manage and maintain the integration of A/V conference room and streaming technologies, ensuring a consistent and positive end-user experience. Interns will have the opportunity work on both technical and non-technical projects while actively learning and using Shure products. In this customer-focused role, the candidate must have the ability to build trust and relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Partners with Shure’s internal Facilities, Product Development, and Product Management teams to incorporate Shure products into Shure’s conference rooms, providing feedback to these teams from a “Shure customer” perspective
- Under supervision, will implement, standardize and improve A/V technology solutions.
- Assists with troubleshooting PCs, local-area networks, video conferencing equipment, cabling and other components to resolve systemic issues
- Performs daily and weekly A/V preventative maintenance tasks
- Delivers quality customer experience and enhances user adoption by developing training materials and delivering Associate training for A/V systems
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently pursuing an Audio-Visual, Sound or similar Engineering degree
- Familiar with network hardware, network security and networking concepts
- Familiarity with Shure conferencing products a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work well with others at all levels within Shure’s business
- Strong customer service skills and focus
- Comfortable working within a culturally and geographically diverse environment
- Interest in working for an industry leading company on world-class products