Summer 2021 Pro Audio Circuitry Intern
To have your application materials reviewed by the hiring manager, please apply directly to the external link.
Shure offers a challenging and rewarding summer internship program. The twelve week program is offered to undergraduate students that have completed at least 2 years of college, as well as graduate students. Each intern will receive a competitive salary and students who reside out of Illinois will receive a housing stipend to cover living expenses. Applications will be collected, reviewed and selected candidates will be contacted in late fall/early winter.
The Pro Audio Circuitry Intern will work under direct supervision of experienced hardware development engineers designing and implementing high performance, low noise audio, efficient power, and digital support circuitry for professional wireless audio equipment.
- Assist mentor(s) with design, testing, and validation of ongoing project work
- Assist with project documentation
- Complete a self-study design project
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, with a minimum of two years of engineering coursework.
- A solid understanding of basic electrical engineering fundamentals.
- A desire to, and demonstrable aptitude for, designing and making things.
- Some soldering and circuitry building or repair skills.
- A strong interest in audio and experience in an area like live sound production, recording, performance, equipment repair/modification, etc.
- Familiar with op-amps, transistors, basic filters, and simple power supplies.
- Familiar with the use of DMM and oscilloscope.