Summer 2021 Acoustical Engineering Intern
To have your application materials reviewed by the hiring manager, please apply directly to the external link.
Shure offers a challenging and rewarding summer internship program. The twelve week program is offered to undergraduate students that have completed at least 2 years of college, as well as graduate students. Each intern will receive a competitive salary and students who reside out of Illinois will receive a housing stipend to cover living expenses. Applications will be collected, reviewed and selected candidates will be contacted in late fall/early winter.
As the Acoustical Engineering Intern, you will work closely with senior engineers to develop, assemble, and evaluate transducers and associated audio products. You will research, investigate, and recommend new materials and assembly processes to improve transducer performance and/or assembly time. You will also organize, document, and communicate results of experiments and measurements.
- Minimum two years coursework in Physics, Acoustical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering
- Basic experience using signal generators, spectrum analyzers, and hardware/software for making audio measurements is a plus
- Exposure to the practice of applying the Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DFMA) methodology is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Strong interest in electro-acoustical transducers
- Experience in live sound production or live performance is desirable