Summer 2021 Channel Marketing Intern (Events)
To have your application materials reviewed by the hiring manager, please apply directly to the external link.
Shure offers a challenging and rewarding summer internship program. The twelve week program is offered to undergraduate students that have completed at least 2 years of college, as well as graduate students. Each intern will receive a competitive salary and students who reside out of Illinois will receive a housing stipend to cover living expenses. Applications will be collected, reviewed and selected candidates will be contacted in late fall/early winter.
The Channel Marketing Events Intern will have the opportunity to support exciting events like trade shows, internal corporate events, customer events and more!
- Provide suggestions for creative and enjoyable activities for customers, potential customers, and internal teams
- Coordinate customer events, trade shows, and internal events by organizing hotel room blocks, activity contracts, and reservations
- Submit requests and review graphics for signage and itineraries
- Assist with designing and ordering branded promotional giveaways
- Create summary Power Points and data sheets post event/trade show
- Create, distribute, and compile results for event surveys
- Assist marketing specialists with gear set up and shipping and/or coordination for events, Shure Audio Institute training seminars and key trade shows.
- Assist sales and marketing staff with other administrative duties.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Assist in the creation of channel newsletters
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In process of completing a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator) a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word/PowerPoint/Excel)
- Knowledge of or proficiency with Salesforce (Marketing Cloud) or similar large-scale CRM platform is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to multi-task, manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Creative-thinker, with an ability to bring new ideas to the team.
- Interest in working for an industry leading company on excellent products.
- Demonstrates knowledge of audio products a plus but not required