Summer 2021 Global Media Relations Intern
To have your application materials reviewed by the hiring manager, please apply directly to the external link.
Shure offers a challenging and rewarding summer internship program. The twelve week program is offered to undergraduate students that have completed at least 2 years of college, as well as graduate students. Each intern will receive a competitive salary and students who reside out of Illinois will receive a housing stipend to cover living expenses. Applications will be collected, reviewed and selected candidates will be contacted in late fall/early winter.
The Media Relations Intern will assist with all media relations activities, including managing several different PR functions.
- Media list building
- Event planning and management
- Media measurement and tracking
- Press release writing and development
- Assisting with awards entries
- Managing speaking opportunities
- Responding to media inquiries
- Managing media relations processes
- In-process of a Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or a related field
- Highly-organized and willing to learn end-to-end process improvement skills
- Able to follow standard instructions, practices and procedures
- Self-motivated, team player, detail oriented
- Able to meet required deadlines
- Ability to work independently with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good Microsoft Office skills. Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel, SharePoint.
- Good verbal and written communication skills