Summer 2021 Software Product Management Intern – Music and Consumer Audio
To have your application materials reviewed by the hiring manager, please apply directly to the external link.
Shure offers a challenging and rewarding summer internship program. The twelve week program is offered to undergraduate students that have completed at least 2 years of college, as well as graduate students. Each intern will receive a competitive salary and students who reside out of Illinois will receive a housing stipend to cover living expenses. Applications will be collected, reviewed and selected candidates will be contacted in late fall/early winter.
The software product management intern in the music and consumer audio product category will support the strategy and development of multiple software applications, conducting competitive research and analyzing consumer needs to identify product and service improvement opportunities. The intern will also participate in daily activities such as customer support requests, daily stand-up meetings, and defect triage meetings. This person will work closely with product managers, customer support teams, customers, developers, marketing teams and other cross-functional team members to provide direction, guidance and support to deliver a best-in-class product.
• Perform market analysis to understand the competitive landscape and trends.
• Support product and user research to understand, document, and communicate customer needs, wants, and constraints to stakeholders.
• Contribute to functional, technical, and system requirements for new or major iterations of a product or service.
• Craft the user stories and acceptance criteria of new features and enhancements.
• Analyze application download and usage analytics.
• Participate in change control board meetings to review and prioritize defects
• Deliver a presentation about the project(s) that you worked on during your internship
- In-process of, or recently received, a bachelor's or advanced degree in product management, entrepreneurship, marketing, or computer science
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and innovate effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, as well as function in a team
- Willingness to assist the team with a wide variety of tasks
- Exceptional organization and communication skills
- Preferred candidates will be pursuing or interested in a career in Product Management, Product Marketing, Product Development, or Software Development
The following are valuable skills but are not required:
- Experience with designing or building a software product
- Experience with business intelligence software (e.g. MixPanel, Flurry, Tableau, Power BI)
- Experience with Shure microphone, headphone, or software products
- Experience as a content creator or knowledge about creating digital media assets