Freelance Digital Editorial Producer, Olympic Games
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of 1 month during Games Time or 1 year between February 2021 – February 2022, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
This position is part of the at-home digital editorial team for NBC Olympics in our Stamford, CT headquarters during the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games. The role includes day-to-day editorial maintenance and publishing of content to NBCOlympics.com, the NBC Sports app and other platforms as necessary. This position may also work with NBC Olympics’ partners on the distribution of content.
- Day-to-day content creation, publishing and management on NBCOlympics.com and in the NBC Sports app
- Real-time monitoring of live events during shifts, keeping an eye out for newsworthy moments and providing guidance for video editors on highlights and clips to prioritize
- Write headlines and carry out proper content tagging for both written and video content
- Write titles and other metadata for live streams on multiple digital platforms
- Some writing of news, event recaps and tune-in articles as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Media, Journalism, Communications or a related field
- 1+ years of relevant work experience or related internships
- Extensive knowledge of sports and internet culture with a true passion for the Olympics
- Experience publishing content in a content management system
- Some experience in Adobe Photoshop (at minimum, comfort cropping and re-sizing photos)
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Ability to work the full duration of the Olympic Games
- Willingness to work overtime, overnight hours, weekends
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work well on deadline
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a high-pressure environment
- Knowledge of and passion for multiple Olympic sports preferred
- Familiarity with AP style and SEO techniques
- Must be a team player
NBC Sports Group Digital
NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. We develop, produce and market entertainment, news and information to a global market. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
NBC Sports Group:
When the Comcast-NBCUniversal transaction was completed in January 2011, the two companies combined to form NBC Sports Group, which serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company consists of several assets including NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, Golf Channel, 9 NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBC Sports Radio, and NBCSN. NBC Olympics, with more than 90 Emmy Awards for its coverage, is renowned for its unsurpassed, award-winning coverage and at the conclusion of the 2020 Summer Games will have presented a total of 17 Olympic Games and 11 consecutive Games, more than any other U.S. company in both categories. NBCSN, part of the NBC Sports Group, is dedicated to serving passionate sports fans in more than 85 million homes, delivering over 2,400 sporting events annually.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.