Freelance Associate Producer - Tape, Olympic Games
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of 1 month during Games Time, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The Associate Producer will work with the production team to deliver live and same day delay event coverage during the Olympic Games.
- Report to the show producer and be assigned tasks needed to finalize and deliver shows for broadcast, including but not limited to managing the tape room and EVS playback operation, coordinating show elements, timing show segments, cutting highlights, producing shot sheets, writing copy, and ordering on-air graphic elements.
- Oversee the delivery and/or creation of show elements, including b-roll, highlights, interviews, teases, and feature packages.
- Work independently and/or as a member of a creative team
- Proactively offer and communicate new ideas to take the coverage forward
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Broadcast Journalism or related field.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in sports production
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Ability to work the duration of the Olympic Games
- Willingness to work overnight hours, weekends
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Have a deep knowledge of, and interest in, the Olympics
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment, and “go the extra mile” under tight deadlines
- Ability to multitask and manage a variety of responsibilities on a day-to-day basis.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a team
- Possess a high level of initiative
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. We develop, produce and market entertainment, news and information to a global market. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
NBC Sports Group:
When the Comcast-NBCUniversal transaction was completed in January 2011, the two companies combined to form NBC Sports Group, which serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company consists of several assets including NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, Golf Channel, 9 NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBC Sports Radio, and NBCSN. NBC Olympics, with more than 90 Emmy Awards for its coverage, is renowned for its unsurpassed, award-winning coverage and at the conclusion of the 2020 Summer Games will have presented a total of 17 Olympic Games and 11 consecutive Games, more than any other U.S. company in both categories. NBCSN, part of the NBC Sports Group, is dedicated to serving passionate sports fans in more than 85 million homes, delivering over 2,400 sporting events annually.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.