Freelance Producer – Feature, Olympic Games
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of 1 month during Games Time, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The Feature Producer will be responsible for producing profiles, sales elements, teases, and bumpers during the Olympic Games.
- Research, pitch, and produce compelling athlete profiles and topical Olympic stories
- Interface with all levels of production personnel to ensure a seamless and extremely well-organized production and post-production process
- Collaborate with AVID editors and oversee all aspects of post-production
- Produce a variety of Olympic projects as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Broadcast Journalism or a related field
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in Sports Television Production
- Ability to balance multiple production projects at the same time
- Available to work flexible hours
- Proven profile/feature production experience
- Must be a team player
- Ability to produce pieces of the highest quality under extremely tight deadlines
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Ability to work the full duration of the Olympic Games
- Willingness to work overtime, overnight, and on weekends
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Strong storytelling skills and editorial judgment
- Have a familiarly with, and interest in, Olympic sports
- Strong knowledge and interest in sports television production
- Ability to learn and apply new skills/processes quickly
- Multi-task and manage a variety of responsibilities on a day-to-day basis
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication ability
NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. We develop, produce and market entertainment, news and information to a global market. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
NBC Sports Group:
When the Comcast-NBCUniversal transaction was completed in January 2011, the two companies combined to form NBC Sports Group, which serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company consists of several assets including NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, Golf Channel, 9 NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBC Sports Radio, and NBCSN. NBC Olympics, with more than 90 Emmy Awards for its coverage, is renowned for its unsurpassed, award-winning coverage and at the conclusion of the 2020 Summer Games will have presented a total of 17 Olympic Games and 11 consecutive Games, more than any other U.S. company in both categories. NBCSN, part of the NBC Sports Group, is dedicated to serving passionate sports fans in more than 85 million homes, delivering over 2,400 sporting events annually.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.