Freelance Digital Highlight Producer/Editor, Olympic Games
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of 1 month during Games Time, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The Highlight Producer/Editor is responsible for assisting in the production, operation, editing and delivery of both live and on-demand digital media for NBCOlympics.com, NBCSports.com and related partner sites.
- Working on a variety of events related to 2021 Tokyo Olympics
- Producing highlights and other short-form video clips using AVID media composer from live Olympic events.
- Publishing clips and delivering digital files to numerous partner outlets
- Downloading and cropping photos
- Organizing digital files as well as tape library
- Minimum 1 year video-production experience in sports media
- Minimum 1 year experience with Avid editing system
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Ability to work the full duration of the Olympic Games
- Willingness to work overtime, overnight hours, weekends
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Experience creating highlights from a variety of sports a plus
- Working knowledge of Photoshop photo editing program
- Strong knowledge of Olympic sports as well as current sports landscape and historical knowledge of major sports
- Proficiency at identifying best shots and soundbites
- Familiarity with basic computer tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Internet research
- General sense of Web content management systems
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure, to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Strong communication skills and willingness to work in a team environment
NBC Sports Group Digital
NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. We develop, produce and market entertainment, news and information to a global market. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
NBC Sports Group:
When the Comcast-NBCUniversal transaction was completed in January 2011, the two companies combined to form NBC Sports Group, which serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company consists of several assets including NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, Golf Channel, 9 NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBC Sports Radio, and NBCSN. NBC Olympics, with more than 90 Emmy Awards for its coverage, is renowned for its unsurpassed, award-winning coverage and at the conclusion of the 2020 Summer Games will have presented a total of 17 Olympic Games and 11 consecutive Games, more than any other U.S. company in both categories. NBCSN, part of the NBC Sports Group, is dedicated to serving passionate sports fans in more than 85 million homes, delivering over 2,400 sporting events annually.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.