Serials and Multimedia Inventory Internship/Volunteer
Reports to: Art Librarian/Archivist
Pay Category: Unpaid
Required Hours: 15-20 hours per week for a for-credit internship; 5-10 hours per week for volunteering (one day, at least initially for training, must be a Monday)
Overview of responsibilities:
- Physically organize serials, videos, and audio material in the Robert A. Roth Study Center
- Inventory serials, videos, and audio material using our online cataloging software (LibraryWorld)
- Compile bibliographic information in spreadsheet software (Excel or Google Sheets) for items not yet in our online catalog using items themselves and public tools like WorldCat
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Precise attention to detail, especially alphabetical and numerical organization
- Accurate typing transcription
- Ability to self-direct in a project and follow written procedures
- Previous experience with cataloging and/or spreadsheet software helpful
To apply for this internship, please send your cover letter, resume, and one letter of recommendation to President and CEO Debra Kerr at email@example.com.
*Contact Internship and Career Advisor to see if position is eligible for academic credit.