Sitka Fine Arts Camp Counselor
Sitka Fine Arts Camp
Sitka Fine Arts Camp, a leader in arts education, provides interdisciplinary summer programs for kids from around the US and world. Our programs, including visual art, music, theater, dance, writing, and Alaska Native Arts, have been recognized by both the White House and the National Endowment for the Arts for excellence and innovation in arts education and community building. For more information, visit: www.fineartscamp.org.
Job Title: Counselor
Dates: Arrive in Sitka on Tuesday, June 8th and depart on Monday, July 12th. Counselors may also indicate on their application that they would like to be considered to stay through the Intensive Camps (depart Sunday, July 25th) or Musical Theater Camp (depart Monday, August 2).
Camp operates on a 7-day per week schedule.
- Room on campus
- Board on campus
- $2000 (additional stipend amount for those who stay on for Intensives/Musical Theater Camp)
Travel: Counselors are responsible for their own travel.
Supervision: Director of Students
Minimum Qualifications: At least 20 years of age by June 9, 2021.
- Provide supervision of students during times that they are not in classes: at meals, during recreation, in dormitories, at off-campus activities.
- Provide organized recreational activities for students each day according to schedule.
- Understand and adhere to all camp rules and Fine Arts Campus rules.
- Exhibit role-model behavior around all students.
- Maintain a safe environment for all students by anticipating inter-student conflict, ensuring equitable enforcement of rules, and observing proactive safety procedures (e.g. emergency protocols, first aid, fire drills, van transportation).
- Oversee security, safety and comfort in dormitories. To reside in the dormitory and to provide guidance to a small group of assigned students. To assist with room check-in, check-out and clean-up.
- Assist students who are upset, homesick or overwhelmed by Camp. To listen with empathy and to advocate for the needs of students. To refer students with continuing issues or acute problems to the Director of Students.
- Participate in other Camp activities on a rotational basis with other counselors: meal supervision, class assistance, evening programs, transportation, other activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Application is available on the hiring page at www.fineartscamp.org
Application deadline: February 1