UX Design Summer Intern
Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Converse designs the future. At Converse, designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human creativity. The Design Teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphics designers. Converse designers look to the future, courageously pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the consumer’s experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact. Leading with Digital, Converse is setting a bold strategic plan to enable and inspire consumer self-expression by positioning converse.com as the first and best source for authentic Converse products and experiences.
We’re looking for a UX/UI Intern to join our digital team. You’ll learn a lot while getting hands-on experience with e-commerce product design. You’ll assist with the design, and implementation of navigation systems, templates and features, across multiple phases of a digital product lifecycle.
We’re seeking an innovative problem solver and a collaborative team player who can handle multiple projects of differing size and scope. You are inspired by curiosity and passionate about user-centered experience design and able to handle both high-level vision and detail-focused execution.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Work closely with and across a teams of engineers, product managers, strategists and fellow creatives to deliver exceptional solutions to UX design problems
• Produce high quality user experience design
• Partner with internal brand design teams on the creation of new storytelling experiences
• Collaborate with team members on user research, customer testing, and iterative feedback loops
• Rapidly iterate on design prototypes and working applications
• Curious: You are a constant student of best practices and emerging trends in UX. Consumer technology developments inspire and energize you.
• Open and collaborative: You must be comfortable with ambiguity and able to work in a cross-discipline environment.
• Dec 2021 or Spring 2022 grad
• A portfolio of work showcasing how content, design and interface work together to create great digital experiences
• A conceptual thinker and with the ability to produce exceptional design work
• Proficiency with inVision and other web-based prototyping tools
• Proficiency with Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite
• Understanding of underlying technology is necessary. You don't have to be a developer, but you understand what makes things work.
• Outstanding team player and positive attitude.
• Excellent sense of ownership and accountability.
• Demonstrated attention to detail and process excellence.