We here at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that happens to share some DNA (and a sense of humor) with the smash-hit trivia video game YOU DON’T KNOW JACK, created by Jellyvision's founder. ALEX makes navigating tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits or improving your financial wellness—easier, faster, and more helpful, not to mention entertaining. The success of the ALEX platform has exceeded our wildest dreams, (except for the part right before we woke up where our mom was riding a giraffe), which is why we need talented folks like you to help us help ALEX take over the world…er…continue to grow and succeed.
For summer 2019, Jellyvision is looking for a select group of interns to join the company, learn about what we do and how we do it, and contribute to the interactive products we provide to our amazing customers. Before we get to the specific roles we’re looking to fill, here’s the lowdown on the internship program in general:
- Open to rising seniors and recent grads - you must be graduating (or scheduled to graduate) in 2019 to be eligible to apply.
- 10 week program running from June through August – you must be available during that time period to be eligible to apply.
- Non-local interns will be responsible for their own travel and lodging necessary to be available in Chicago for the program.
- Interns will receive a $600/week.
Beyond the stipend, what does the Jellyvision internship program offer students?
- The opportunity to contribute to Jellyvision’s award-winning interactive products.
- Mentoring and feedback from members of Jellyvision’s talented and thoughtful staff.
- Summer social events designed to give interns exposure to staff outside their core work area within the company.
- Bottom line – the opportunity to do good work, with fun people, in a casual environment.
OK, I could come hang out with you Jellypeople this summer, what are you specifically looking for in a Multimedia Intern?
Demonstrated competency in the following:
- Motion graphics applications (Adobe After Effects)
- Non-linear editing programs (Adobe Premier, Final Cut)
- Digital photography, cinematography, and lighting
- Video compression and encoding (Adobe Media Encoder)
- Audio editing software (Adobe Audition, Logic, etc)
- Experience with other Adobe CS products (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Good instincts and attention to detail with regard to composition, timing, and humor
- Fluency in audio and visual media vocabulary
- Ability to learn new software quickly
And what exactly would I be doing for Jellyvision as a Multimedia Intern?
- Helping shoot and edit short videos
- Creating motion graphics sequences to be used in videos
- Shooting and retouching Jellyvision employee and office space photos
- Contributing to our custom SFX library, including recording, editing, and creating audio material
- Assisting with voiceover editing
- Assisting with music editing and composition
Sign me up – how do I apply?
If you’re interested in joining us this summer, we need four things from you:
- Your reel, complete with breakdown of your role and responsibilities for all included clips, as well as applications used.
- A cover letter that clearly indicates 1) where you are in school; 2) when you plan to graduate; 3) what you think you could contribute to Jellyvision as a Multimedia Intern this summer and what you hope to get out of the internship.
- A resume that fills us in on your experience to date – school projects and work that you’ve done on your own included.
That’s it! We will review applications as they come in and select candidates to interview on a rolling basis. Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision, and good luck!