Public Relations Graduate Internship
So, you just got a communications degree. Sure, you’re driven and have spunk, but would you describe yourself as willing to “Go All In?” If so, join us. Golin is looking for detail-oriented, self-starting, highly motivated interns -- who can master Excel spreadsheets as deftly as they can compose Tweets -- to join our Dallas office. You’ll get first-hand experience on our groundbreaking Bridge real-time marketing center, join in on creative and strategic planning (you’ve never seen a brainstorm session like ours), tackle some pitching, and help with some research projects and even jump in on special event planning. We’re changing the way the PR world works ¬and winning for clients.
Golin is a progressive public relations agency with expertise ranging from brand-building and cutting edge digital content, to corporate reputation, healthcare advocacy and measurement. Golin aligns earn-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey, to deliver maximum impact for clients and reach a profoundly diverse global market. “Go All In” is the agency’s ethos and commitment to bravery over mediocrity.
Our paid, full-time internship runs from July through December and is designed to give you the authentic experience of working in an agency. Leave your practice work in the classroom. Around here, we put the theory into action. You’ll work to complete real assignments and collaborate with our award-winning account teams who rep international (ahem, resume boosting) brands, while getting a taste of our unique G4 model and scoring some real-world experience.
What are you waiting for? Our internship begins Monday, July 1, 2019 and concludes Friday, December 20, 2019. Check out the requirements below and apply today.
As a Public Relations Intern, you will:
- Transition between multiple projects while managing deadlines efficiently
- Work independently as well as in a larger group
- Think creatively and love to learn and share ideas
- Produce content online spanning paid, earned, and owned forms of digital media
- Demonstrate understanding of social channels and identify emerging opportunities
- Identify cutting edge tools and techniques to help support business objectives, advance storytelling and drive engagement
- Write and review copy and messaging for social media engagement campaigns
- Coordinate with account teams as a part of campaign
- Be detail-oriented and have a conscientious approach to your work
- Have a developed eye for what’s relevant
- Know how to prioritize and be adaptive to change
- Be highly motivated and eager to learn
- You must be a college graduate and have your Bachelor's Degree by July 2019.
- You must be available to work a full-time schedule, Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 5:30PM starting on July 1st.
- You must be available to attend an in-person interview at our Dallas office on April 18th from 4:30-7:30pm.
To be considered, your application must include:
- Your resume and responses to four short essay questions (listed below), all combined into a single PDF document
- Saved as: “Last Name, First Name.pdf”
- Submitted directly to our careers page posting by March 24, 2019
Answer ALL of the following in no more than 200 words per question:
- What’s your favorite brand? Why? What makes it compelling?
- What’s something brave you’d like to see a brand do? Why? Is there a topic of challenge you feel a specific brand could/should address?
- Tell us about a time you’ve gone all in. Outside of showing up on time and giving us your best effort, how would you do that at Golin?
- Life at Golin takes all types of characters, so tell us, which emoji best captures who you are and why you’d fit in at Golin?
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Golin recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.