Graphic Design and Brand Specialist
POSITION VACANCY: Graphic Design and Brand Specialist
Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Marketing and Community Relations, the Graphic Design & Brand Specialist is responsible for the timely completion of marketing and public relations projects for all operations of the District. This highly creative position is responsible for all aspects of design and production of print, digital and video communication and advertising materials to meet specific District goals and objectives. This is a Marketing Department, full-time position with a normal work week of a minimum of 40 hours. Position expected to work nights or weekends on occasion.
- Experience - A minimum of five years of related video, graphic design, marketing experience. Graphic design experience in a related position with a recreation, sports or fitness organization preferred.
- Education - Bachelor's degree in Graphics Design with outstanding skills in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, photography and video creation. Requires a highly organized and detail oriented professional with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Skills - A high level of desktop publishing, graphic design, and print production knowledge required. Familiarity with basic HTML and proficiency with Joomla, WordPress and/or current web content management systems. Moderate proficiency with video editing software including Adobe Premiere Pro or like software. Must be competent in the latest versions of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Thorough knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office including a strong use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. Must have or quickly possess a basic understanding of District’s registration software (RecTrac) for gathering marketing data for use in promoting registration or in the production of the District’s seasonal brochure. Experience in managing social media and digital advertising required. Experience using a digital camera and manipulating files for use in various formats required. Candidate must also possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must possess significant experience with project coordination and management with careful attention to details and deadlines.
- Certifications – Must have a valid driver’s license. First-Aid, CPR, and AED certifications are required within 90 days and must be maintained.
- Competencies - The Graphic Design and Brand Specialist is innovative and a self-starter. This position must possess a thorough understanding of marketing and advertising principles as they apply to major programming areas including fitness, preschool, aquatics, special events, athletics, general park district programs and parks and recreational trends. Ability to stay abreast of the latest marketing trends and tactics especially as they relate to major program areas. A high level of accuracy, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously. Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work assignments. Ability to exercise considerable initiative, ingenuity and independent judgement in the performance of work assignments.
Hours: Full-time, salaried position
Compensation: Salary range is $45,425 - $60,000. Starting salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications of the successful candidate. Includes an excellent benefit package.
Contact: Jennifer Gilbert, Director of Marketing
4374 Old Grand Avenue, Gurnee, IL 60031
Phone: 847-599-5498 Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: Open until filled
To apply immediately: Please click here.
The Gurnee Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.