Partnership and Events Coordinator
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP – Senior Director, Corporate Relations AND Associate Vice President, Conferences and meeting
JOB LOCATION: Chicago office
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Limited travel in support of key Foundation initiatives and events.
PRIMARY ROLE: The Partnership and Events Coordinator serves a dual role within the Programs and Business Department.
In support of the Senior Director, Corporate Relations the position serves as a project coordinator for the Program and Business Development team largely supporting corporate partnerships. Core projects to include sponsorship fulfillment of program-related events, i.e. PFF Summit and PFF Volunteer Meeting, and mission-driven earned revenue opportunities that enhance PFF Community Programs.
Corporate Partnerships include, but are not limited to, event sponsorship, continuing medical education, market research, awareness campaigns, new technologies and digital platforms.
In support of the Associate Vice President, Conferences and Meetings the position serves as a special events assistant for key PFF meetings and conferences, especially the biannual PFF Summit, but also including volunteer meetings and trainings, Board of Directors meetings, and health care professional conferences.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
Under the direction of the Senior Director, Corporate Relations, provide support in the following areas:
• Assist with project status reports, monitoring timelines, deliverables and deadlines related to project agreements.
• Assist with tracking payments of revenue and expense disbursement
• Maintenance of corporate partner prospect list
• Conduct research on corporate partners as needed
• Assist with benchmarking for projects and operations and policies as needed
• Support cultivation strategies for potential corporate prospects
• Assist with reporting to internal and external stakeholders on accomplishments and milestones in accordance with the PFF 2020 Strategic Plan
• Communicate with third parties and vendors when needed
• Communicate with corporate partners about exhibitor fulfillment
• Provide updates to supervisor on project tracking
• Create and maintain project documentation
Under the direction of the AVP, Conferences and Meetings, provide support in the following areas:
• Assist with duties and details related to all aspects of conference and meeting planning and implementation
• Assist with organizing day-to-day tasks leading up to conferences and meetings, including but not limited to registration, travel accommodations, and other logistics
• Maintain event databases, timelines and files
• Act as the onsite assistant during conferences and interact with attendees, vendors and suppliers
• Work with staff across all departments to achieve best results at all conferences and meetings
• Performs additional duties as assigned
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or combination of education and experience
• Excellent verbal and written skills, professional demeanor and attention to detail
• Experienced user of MS Office toolset (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience working collaboratively with multiple groups, large and diverse teams and organizations, demonstrated success in cooperative coordination
• Experience with project management practices and tools to create, manage, and track project performance, cost, verify scope
• Experience in developing effective working relationships with, and inspiring the trust of partner organizations, vendors and staff
• Ability to coordinate project details leading to overall success, comfortable coordinating numerous project and events, experience with task scheduling
• Experience and/or interest in working with a patient advocacy organization / healthcare professionals • Strong diplomatic skills and advanced ability to communicate effectively
• Familiarity with reading budgets, tracking revenue and expense
• Must thrive in a fast-paced environment where independence and determination are standard and ability to work under pressure
• Comfortable jumping into new projects and learning new content along the way
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience working in special events and/or program implementation a plus
*Please email your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, to Mary Kiener, Senior Director, Human Resources and Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org.