Broadcast Media & Programming Intern
Love Broadcast Media but not quite sure where you fit into the world of Programming?
Here you will explore Radio Programming with the best of the best. Learn what it's like to be an on-air DJ, produce news, traffic and public affairs segments, partner with our Events team, understand the nuts and bolts of programming operations, studio technology, recording audio content and so much more. This will be a fast-paced, high-energy and life-changing internship.
We want to pull the curtain back and give you a look at what really goes on at a successful, national, broadcasting organization. Are you up for the challenge?
What you can expect from us
You’ll be working in a collaborative, innovative and strategic environment with a team that is committed to serving Christ in all that we do. This paid internship ($14.00/hr) will be 40 hours a week for 10 weeks, from June 17, 2019- Aug. 23, 2019. Throughout the course of this internship, you’ll learn from and be mentored by our team of leaders, gaining knowledge of the media industry and business acumen to better prepare you for the business world which lies ahead of you.
What are we looking for?
- A current student in their third or fourth year of college currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Film, Arts, Journalism, Digital Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Radio/Broadcasting or similar.
- Understanding of digital platforms, social media, production, and/or any aspects of Media/Broadcasting functions.
- Sincere desire to build a career in Radio, Broadcasting, Media, Television or similar.
- Strong time management skills, ability to multi-task and be flexible.
- Desire to learn & listen, teachable, comfortable asking questions.
- Experience working in a team environment with a collaborative attitude.
- The ability to be creative, resourceful & media savvy, will serve you well.
- Commitment to the culture, mission and values of K-LOVE and Air1.
EMF is unable to provide housing or accommodations for out of town interns.