Advertising Intern - Égalité 2019 Summer Internship
Publicis Groupe Égalité (French for equality and pronounced eh-gah-lee-tay) is Publicis Groupe’s business resource group (BRG) for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ+) professionals and their allies. Our BRG has an exciting opportunity for rising juniors, seniors, and recent grads to join as a summer intern in a hybrid program through Starcom and Leo Burnett in Chicago. If you are a student interested in a career in advertising, media, or communications – regardless of whether this is your discipline of study – we would love for you to apply. We will promote the strongest applicants within our agencies and help place them in the best-fitting positions for their skills and interests. Join us as we work to create an ever more inclusive and diverse workplace!
As an Égalité Summer Intern, you will be given the opportunity to work at Starcom and Leo Burnett. Starting in early June, you will work for a 10-week paid period. You will be deeply immersed into your specific agency role as a part of client and agency work, learning from the best in the industry, while solving business problems for well-known, often global brands.
What makes the Égalité internship special is that you will also work on a summer project with your fellow Égalité interns. This project focuses on the LGBTQ+ community to help further Publicis Groupe’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, while also giving you opportunities for career growth, mentorship, and networking across all of Publicis Groupe. You’ll also have a chance to get involved in Egalite's LGBTQ+ outreach and initiatives, and summer meetings.
• Internships will begin in early June 2019, and will conclude by mid-August 2019.
• Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through Sunday, March 31, 2019.
• We will notify selected candidates on a rolling basis as well, concluding by mid-April 2019.
• To apply to this internship program, email your completed application to the e-mail address listed below.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Be a rising Junior or Senior or recent grad from an accredited academic institution.
• Be in strong academic standing.
• Demonstrate interest in communications, advertising, media, digital marketing, and/or public relations.
PUBLICIS GROUPE & ÉGALITÉ
Founded in 1926, Publicis Groupe is the 3rd largest communications group in the world. Through a powerful alchemy of creativity and technology, we are driving business transformation across the
entire value chain.
Publicis Groupe is committed to diversity, inclusion and equality. Nine of our businesses and solution hubs received a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index, earning us the accolade of “Best Places to Work” for the LGBTQ community. We are proud to say Égalité is one of the forces to help continually achieve this status. For more information, visit http://www.pgegalite.com.
As Publicis Groupe’s BRG for LGBTQ employees and their allies, Égalité is committed to enhancing the company’s reputation as an employer of choice for LGBTQ employees. Égalité achieves this through education, advocacy, community outreach, and business development.
Submit your application with the following materials to :Egaliteemail@example.com
• Essay Responses in Word or PDF Document
1. What impact do you believe a diverse and inclusive workplace can have on the advertising and marketing industry? (250 words or less)
2. What brand, business, or technology do you see innovating in advertising and marketing? What are they doing right? (250 words or less
3.Why do you believe that you should be chosen for this Égalité internship? (250 words or less)
• Cover Letter (optional)
• Online Portfolios / Relevant Work (optional)
About Publicis Groupe - Égalité
Égalité is committed to enhancing the company's reputation as an employer of choice for LGBT employees and allies by promoting equality in the workplace, supporting the LGBT community and helping to develop leaders who can elevate our clients' brands within the hearts and minds of the LGBT community. Our programming is focused around advocacy, education, community outreach (internal and external) and business development.