Photography Studio Manager
Leading food photographer and director is searching for a Studio Manager. Applicants must have 3+ years experience as a photo studio manager, studio producer, art buyer or artist representative.
This team member needs to have some knowledge of how a photo studio operates. They must be organized and possess excellent managerial, multi-tasking skills and customer service skills.
The main responsibility of the Studio Manager is to make sure all day-to-day studio operations run smoothly.
Day-to-day Operations: The Studio Manager must be able to manage many aspects of the business with skill and calm.
● checking in product
● studio production books
● managing calendar
● updated weekly status meetings doc
● sort thru mail
● mail vendors checks each week
● bank deposit runs
● job tracking and client output sheets for each job
Client Service: The Studio Manager must have excellent client relation capabilities. They should know how to be comfortable and approachable in dealing with many types of clients. Some client service duties will be making transportation reservations to and from the studio; greeting clients, generate and update lists of clients for thank you notes and marketing purposes; coordinate client holiday gifts and generate/execute smaller promotion ideas throughout the year.
● coordinate breakfast, snacks and lunches for clients
● update and maintain master address books of clients, vendors, freelancers etc.
General Studio Responsibilities: The Studio Manager needs to have a talent for delegating and have a keen eye for detail. This person will be the “keeper” of studio policies and make sure all staff and freelance employees understand and follow policy. They will be responsible for delegating tasks to maintain the appearance of the studios: clearing out storage areas, refrigerators and freezers. They will make sure all maintenance is handled in a timely and appropriate manner.
● making sure the studio is client ready each day
● studio is fully stocked with supplies/groceries/ etc.
● allocating SHP expenses and matching to American Express cc on a monthly basis
● Scheduling all studio services: AC Repairs, roofing, cleaning, grease trap cleaning, hood cleaning, window washing, waste management, elevator, ice machine etc.
● organizing product deliveries as well as donations or throwing away of product
● coordinate with downstairs venue space on large deliveries
● 3+ years experience as a photo studio manager, studio producer, art buyer or artist representative
● excellent writing and communication skills
● diplomatic and patient
● understanding of the advertising industry
● skilled in Keynote and google docs/sheets
● be organized and multi-tasker to a fault
Compensation, hours, benefits
Salary based on experience
Hours: 8 am to 5 pm – must be flexible to be available for clients and photo shoots 401 K starting at 1 year of employment
Fun people in an artistic working environment
In-studio breakfast and lunch, some dinners
PTO days offered